Congratulations, Bill Durney, the New Brisket King of NYC!
On Monday, March 16th, we crowned a brand-new Brisket King of NYC! The bragging rights went to Pitmaster Billy Durney of Hometown BBQ (Red Hook, Brooklyn) with his traditional smoked brisket.
- 1st place Smoked Category + 2015 Brisket King of NYC: Billy Durney of Hometown BBQ
- 2nd place Smoked Category: Matt Fisher, Fletcher’s Brooklyn Barbecue, with Brisket Bulgogi
- 1st place Innovation Category: Ari White, Wandering Que, with Sous Vide Brisket Nigiri with Lamb Bacon
- 2nd place Innovation Category: Fletcher’s Brooklyn Barbecue
- 1st place Cured Category: Bacsynski’s East Village Meat Market
- Honorable Mention: Morgan’s BBQ (Brooklyn)
For more photos, check out Local Bozo’s gallery here.