November 7th – “Meat with a Twist” –
Farm to (Cocktail) Table Event!
Cocktail Party to Launch Meat Week 6pm – 10pm – City Winery
Purchase Tickets Now!
Presented by Food Karma Projects (producers of Pig Island, Cook Out NYC, Brewers4Brewers Japan Benefit, NYC Brewers Choice) in partnership with Food Systems Network NYC.
- “Meat with a Twist” will feature cocktail and food pairings; well known chefs will collaborate with farmers and mixologists for a one of a kind party!
- Chefs + Farmers include: Patti Jackson (I Trulli), Corey Cova (Earls Beer and Cheese), Hudson Valley Duck (foie gras), Chef Jessica Wilson, Wild Idea Buffalo + Matteo Boglione (White & Church) (crostini made with crispy pan seared polenta topped with braised buffalo short ribs, all over a thick Italian tomato “soup.”), Chef Nate Smith (Allswell) + Farmer Nick Westervelt of TBA Farms (chicken), Michael Ferraro (Delicatessen), Rachel Graville/Gerald Jerky (Iris Café), Simon Genn (Tchoup Shop), Brendan Corr (Jimmy’s No. 43), Chef Ryan Tate. Snacks include SlantShack Jerky and Deep River Snacks.
- Spirits and Mixologists include: Representatives from Bache-Gabrielsen Cognac, Karma Tequila , Peace Vodka, Tito’s Vodka, Bacardi, and a Special Michelada from Jimmy’s No. 43, City Winery’s Cabernet Franc, and Zach Fisher (Blue Owl).
- Gregg Glaser (editor Modern Distillery Age) will curate limited edition samplings will be offered by micro-distilleries Catskills Peace Vodka and Breuckelen Distilling.• New York State wines and beers will be offered, alongside limited distilled beers from Hitachino (Japan).
- Keynote Speaker: Leonard Lopate from WNYC.He will present “Local Meat Hero Awards” with co-presenter Helen Hollyman from You Look Hungry Blog.
- Lead media promotion is with Daily Candy. Other media partners include The Village Voice, Edible Manhattan, “L” Magazine, Yelp, and Heritage Radio Network.
Food Parings For “Meat With A Twist: From Farm To (Cocktail) Table”
- Tchoup Shop’s Simon Glenn will prepare duck liver-beef brisket boudin balls, complemented with handmade Creole mustard; Wandering Star Brewery
- Corey Cova (Earl’s Beer & Cheese) is serving cold beef on a waffle fry; Michelada
- Allswell’s Nate Smith has curried chicken pie on the menu with chicken from Farmer Nick Westervelt of TBA Farms; Karma Tequila
- Chef Jessica Wilson will create a fresh goat dish; Zach Fisher from Blue Owl Cocktail Room
- Rachel Graville (Iris Café) brings Sweet n’ Spicy Gerald Jerky; Bacardi
- Brendan Corr and Jimmy’s No. 43 is preparing pulled duck with seasonal root vegetables; Kelso Beer
- I Trulli’s Patti Jackson is serving lamb sausage with panel and mint; Kelso Beer
- Matteo Boglione (White & Church) offers up crostini made with crispy pan seared polenta, topped with braised buffalo short ribs, all over a thick Italian tomato “soup”; City Winery Cabernet Franc
- Hudson Valley Duck Farm (foie gras); Bache-Gabrielsen Cognac
- Chef Ryan Tate (Lamb Tartare and pickles); Peace Vodka
- Chef Michael Ferraro (Delicatessen) Pork Dish; Tito’s Vodka
- SlantShack Jerk
- Deep River Snacks